Logo
Games
Lantern
Do you like this build? Users can now vote on their favourite builds!
[EndGame] Psyker Scrier's Purgatus Build | Auric Ready | Guide by Yobi

[EndGame] Psyker Scrier's Purgatus Build | Auric Ready | Guide by Yobi
Build for Darktide

Horde-Clear
Anti-Elite
Anti-Boss
Crowd Control

Weapons

weapon container top
Maccabian Mk IV Duelling Sword
Transcendant
Maccabian Mk IV Duelling Sword
weapon container middle
+10-25% Damage (Carapace Armoured Enemies)
+2-5% Melee Critical Hit Chance
Uncanny Strike

Uncanny Strike

+12-24% Rending on Enemy Weak Spot Hit for 3.5s. Stacks 5 times.

Riposte

Riposte

+12.5-20% Critical Chance for 6s on successful Dodge.

weapon container bottom
weapon container top
Rifthaven Mk II Purgatus Force Staff
Transcendant
Rifthaven Mk II Purgatus Force Staff
weapon container middle
Increase Ranged Critical Strike Chance by 2-5%
+10-25% Damage (Unyielding Enemies)
Warp Nexus

Warp Nexus

Gain between 3.5-5% and 14-20% Critical Chance based on current level of peril.

Warp Flurry

Warp Flurry

-8.5--5.5% Charge Time on Chained Secondary Attack. Stacks 3 times.

weapon container bottom

Curios

weapon container top
Blessed Bullet
Transcendant
Blessed Bullet
weapon container middle
+13-17% Toughness

+13-17% Toughness

+1-4% Combat Ability Regeneration
+2-5% Toughness
+6-12% Stamina Regeneration
weapon container bottom
weapon container top
Blessed Bullet
Transcendant
Blessed Bullet
weapon container middle
+13-17% Toughness

+13-17% Toughness

+1-4% Combat Ability Regeneration
+2-5% Toughness
+6-12% Stamina Regeneration
weapon container bottom
weapon container top
Blessed Bullet
Transcendant
Blessed Bullet
weapon container middle
+17-21% Max Health

+17-21% Max Health

+1-4% Combat Ability Regeneration
+2-5% Toughness
+6-12% Stamina Regeneration
weapon container bottom

Talents

Description

Changelog:
(I am trying to keep all my guides up to date. Upvote this guide to let me know I should keep updating them)

  • 29-Dec-2023
    • Added Build Concept
    • Added How to Play
    • Added Curios
  • 28-Dec-2023
    • Guide Creation
      • Synergies
      • Talent Variations
      • Known Issues
      • Melee Weapon
      • Ranged Weapon

 

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- 

Build Concept:

  • Scrier's Gaze gives you +20% Crit Chance the moment you activate it.
  • Crit Chance is the best chance for "Soulblaze" stacks because every critical hit applies 2 stacks of soulblaze instead of just 1
  • To put it into perspective, +20% Crit Chance is equivalent to casting Purgatus with 80% Peril (or Higher) while having "Warp Nexus" Blessing on it.
  • So, in total you can get a total of 55% Crit Chance, accumulated from the following:
    • +20% Crit Chance from Scrier's Gaze
    • +20% Crit Chance from Warp Nexus
    • +5% Crit Chance from Staff Perk
    • +10% Crit Chance from Talent Passives / Auras
  • On top of that, you get the following Damage Multipliers:
    • +5% Damage from Talent Passives
    • up to +20% Damage from Warp Rider for keeping your Peril High
    • up to +30% Damage from Scrier's Gaze stacks if you manage your peril properly
    • up to +24% BASE Damage from Warp Siphon Charges (6 x 4%)
  • BASE damage is the best stat because it is multiplicative to all other damage multipliers; In other words your final damage will be calculated like this:
    • (Base Weapon damage) X (Base Damage Modifiers) X (All other Damage Modifiers)

 

How to Play:

  • Use your melee weapon:
    1. To block
    2. To run (sprint) while doing Heavy Attacks (it will make you go faster)
    3. To kill Crushers and Reapers (if in melee)
    4. To generate "Perfect Timing" Stacks while waiting in an Elevator / Airlock 
      (yes it's bugged, you can hit the air and build stacks, lol)
  • Purgatus will melt everything up to Maulers
  • Maintain High-Peril (80%) at all times to deal with general population of enemies outside of Scrier's Gaze
  • Quel down to 40-50% and use Scrier's Gaze when you find a group of Elites
  • During Scrier's Gaze try to stay around 50%-80% Peril for as long as possible to build up Damage Stacks without losing the benefits of your "Warp Nexus" (Blessing) and "Warp Rider" (Passive)

 

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- 

Synergies:

  • Toughness Generation Engine:
    • Essence Harvest (Keystone Modifier): 30% Toughness over 5s upon gaining a Warp Charge
    • Soulstealer (Passive): 7.5% Toughness on Warp (Soulblaze) kill
    • Mettle (Passive): 5% Toughness on Crit
    • Quietude (Passive): 5% Toughness for every 10% Peril Quelled
  • Crit Chance & Crit Utility:
    • Scrier's Gaze (Combat Ability): +20%
    • Prescience (Aura): +5%
    • Critical Chance Boost (Operative Modifier): +5%
    • Empathic Evasion (Passive): Crits make you dodge all ranged attacks for 1s
    • Perfect Timing (Passive): +15% Damage (5 stacks) for 10s when you crit
  • Damage:
    • Scrier's Gaze (Combat Ability): Up to +30% Damage
    • Warp Rider (Passive): Up to +20% Damage based on current Peril
    • Empyrean Empowerment (Keystone Modifier): +24% BASE Damage (6 Warp Charges)
    • Perfect Timing (Passive): +15% Damage (5 stacks) for 10s when you crit
  • SoulBlaze Spread:
    • WildFire (Passive): When enemies die they apply 4 stacks of soulblaze to nearby targets
    • Perilous Combustion (Passive): Elites/Specials apply 3 stacks of soulblaze to nearby targets upon death

 

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- 

Talent Variations:

  1. Max Damage
    • Prescience (Aura): +5% Crit Chance
    • In Fire Reborn (Keystone Modifier): Soulblaze kills have 10% chance to grant you a Warp Charge
    • Warp Battery (Keystone Modifier): 6 Warp Charges (instead of 4)
  2. Max Survivability
    • Seer's Presence (Aura): 10% CDR
    • One with the Warp (Passive): 33% Toughness Damage Reduction
    • Endurance (Ability Modifier): 20% Toughness Damage Reduction
  3. Other Considerable Utility
    • Kinetic Deflection (Passive): Use Peril instead of Stamina to block
    • Kinetic Flayer (Blitz Modifier): Brain Burst on hit, once every 15s

 

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- 

Known Issues:

  1. Warp Siphon:
    - 7.5% Combat Ability Cooldown Reduction per Warp Siphon Stack doesn't work with Scrier's Gaze
    - For 6 stacks of Warp Siphon you are supposed to get 45% Cooldown (or 13.5 seconds) Reduction
    - This bug exists since Patch 13
    - When it finally gets fixed it will be a buff to this build

 

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- 

WEAPONS & CURIOS

 

Ranged Weapon:

  • Purgatus Force Staff
    • Perks: Unyielding + Crit Chance
    • Blessings: 
      • Warp Nexus: +20% Crit Chance on high Peril
      • Warp Flurry: 5.5% faster charge rate (up to 3 stacks)
    • Dump Stat: Warp Resistance
    • Tips:
      1. Burn Modifier on Staff should be 76% to hit the last break point.
      2. Do 2 short charges into 1 Full Charge to benefit from Warp Flurry Charge Time Reduction
      3. Use primary attack to stagger enemies in front of you (Bursters, Hordes, Ragers)
      4. You can release your charged-up cast at 99% Peril and you won't explode even if you reach 100%

Melee Weapon:

  • Dueling Sword Mk IV
    • Perks: Carapace + Crit Chance (or Block Efficiency)
    • Blessings: 
      • Uncanny Strike: 24% Rending (x5 Stacks) on Weakspot Hits
      • Riposte: +20% Crit Chance on Dodge
    • Dump Stat: Defense
    • Tips:
      1. Use Heavy Attacks to kill Crushers and Mutants.
      2. Use Special Attack and/or Heavy Attacks to stop Ragers' Hit Sequence (Combo)

Curios:

Disclaimer: More testing needed on curios. In the video I am using +HP% Curios but I have a feeling going +Toughness% is better due to the insane toughness generation this build has. I will revisit this section, so stay tuned.

  • Blessings:
    • 2x (+17% Toughness), 1x (+21% HP)
  • Perks: 
    (for all 3x Curios)
    • +4% Combat Ability Regeneration (CDR)
    • +5% Toughness (or +5% HP)
    • +12% Stamina Regen (or +12% Block Efficiency if you are using Kinetic Deflection)

 

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- 

Author Notes:

 

If you made it this far, thank you for reading my guide.

I really hope it was helpful.

If you want to find more guides from me search for "guide by Yobi"

If you want me to continue writing and updating these guides consider Upvoting!

Video

5 months ago